Wednesday, July 13, 2011

still 13 July and..............

it is almost done.

By 1:11, 3 hours after starting  my cutting I am at the final block stage.

64 squares cut by 10am - had to stop for a cuppa and a chat with my granddaughter Rory


16 ginger zinger squares cut, folded and pressed for my sandwiches
Ready to SEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I decided to chain stitch so set up all my squares with the first sandwich.








All sewn together ready for the other side of the sandwich.


The final seam pinning took about 20 minutes but then the result......


I have laid the quilt out on my bed. Still think it needs a little something so am off to Steph's Patchwork for a crazy ginger zinger border.

I am very happy with this...might need sashing?

Will show off the final product soon. Not bad for 3 hours work!

No comments: